Computers for Schools
Thank you to the generous support of our program partners:
|RCT can help you to secure the technology you require by offering free computers & upgraded computer systems for your school/schoolboard, non-profit and low income families. RCT is here to enhance your technology needs & help you achieve your goals.
NEW: Did you know that low income individuals can qualify under the Computers for Schools program (fees apply). For information on the computer systems and application criteria, click here.
Want to know more about School Board & School initiatives and solutions that we have developed? Check out RCT’s re:NEWS blog and IMPACTS & INSPIRATIONS section for ideas. To get the conversation started, please contact Yoliana Azer, our Program Manager or your local RCT Centre Manager.
- Applicants must be a School/School Board or a registered charity or not-for-profit organization
- Low income individuals can also apply for a computer (fees apply to all individuals) - To find out more & apply online, click here.
- Computers must not be resold or exported under any circumstances.
- Computers must remain on their premises.
RCT reserves the right to screen applicants and limit quantities of computer ordered by approved recipients.
Ready to benefit from the CFS program?
Select from the two buttons below to choose to see computer packages and request computers.
For low income individuals, please click here for Computer Packages and to request computers.
*Requesting computers will direct you to an external application.
- IT Co-op Placements: Do you have students who need professional working experience to reach their career goals? We offer your students the opportunity to gain valuable hands-on experience in computer repair and refurbishing. Contact your local RCT Centre Manager for more information.
- Environmental Solutions: Have your obsolete computers recycled for FREE: To view a list of all accepted equipment, visit our RCTech RENEW program.
CFS Program Impacts:
- Increases equity of access to technology to disadvantaged groups
- Provides practical workplace skills for youth
- Increases digital literacy skills
- Provides meaningful access to youth to gain employment opportunities
- Reuses technology & diverts toxic electronic waste from landfills
Computers for Schools & Federal Government of Canada:
RCT is licensed by Industry Canada to operate the Computers for Schools program in Ontario.
Computers for Schools, co-founded in 1993 by Industry Canada and the TelecomPioneers, is a national, federal government-led initiative, that provides refurbished computers and related equipment donated by governments and businesses across Canada to schools, libraries and registered not-for-profit organizations. Learn more about the CFS National program.
CFS Milestone News
OTTAWA, 2015 -- The Government of Canada will provide $2 million dollars over two years to support Computer for Schools Read more..
OTTAWA, 2014 – Minister of Industry announces 4 years of funding for the Computers for Schools program. Read more…
TORONTO, 2013 - Computers for Schools program celebrate 20th Anniversary: Read more…
OTTAWA, 2010 - Minister of Industry delivers One Millionth Computer through Computers for Schools: Read more...